About Me...

Currently, I am a junior at the University of South Alabama majoring in English/Language Arts Secondary Education. I am a 1994 graduate of Clarke County High School in Grove Hill, Ala. In 1996, I got an Associate in Arts from Alabama Southern College in Monroeville, Ala. I love to write, listen to gospel music, and bargain shop. After my job dissolved after 13 years, I decided to make a career for myself instead of just having a job. In the future, I plan to complete a book I have been working on for 17 years. Also, I am going on a very nice vacation.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Creativity

creativity
Creativity will play a big role in my classroom. Students may find English to be dull and boring. Similar to History, literature does not change, but it can be updated. The material can be boring or dull to many students. The use of bright colors can make material appear more appealing. For instance, I will display a particular fact or something important about a topic discussed on bright colored paper in front of the class. I will alternate the colors to keep students' attention to the importance of the display. Considering that most of literature is very old, it may appear foreign and unfamiliar to this younger generation. I will plan my lectures to present the story in an appealing manner to the class. For example, I can incorporate some of the slang or vernacular this younger generation use in their daily language. This can make old, boring material seem up-to-date in the classroom.